17 March 2008

Morning Kisses

His kisses, soft and slow like a thief’s tiptoe, roused me from sleep and into a chilly dawn. I opened my somnolent eyes and saw hubby looking at me, his head propped up by his right arm which was streaked with pillow marks. ‘Good morning,’ he whispered.

I echoed his greeting and combed my fingers through his sleep-tossed hair. It was the morning after our first night together at his parents’ rest house in Tagaytay; our honeymoon, if you will. ‘Want more kisses?’ he asked as he grapevined his legs around mine. ‘Yeah,’ I said.

Our lips converged and diverged like blobs in a lava lamp. Mouths opened and we tangoed with our tongues. Then, just as we were about to reach a higher level of oscillation, he stopped and pulled back.

‘What’s the matter?’ I asked.

‘Nothing,’ he said.

‘So why did you stop?’

Hubs, I have to tell you something...’

‘What?’

The inscrutable expression on his face made me nervous. Did I do something wrong? Is this… is this the part when he tells me that he’ll always love me but he needs some space? That we’ve had a good time together but it’s time to move on? (Damn you, Hollywood, for injecting these scenarios in my mind!)

‘What’s on your mind? Please tell me.’

‘You won’t take it against me?’

‘I won’t. Promise’

He broke into a smile. ‘Umm. Can you, like, gargle your mouth first? ‘Cause your breath right now is a little…’ He placed a finger under his nostrils, the international gesture for stinky.

I drew my breath and gave him a long, rancid exhale, right at his face.

21 comments:

YAJNAT said...

ahhhh...sweat...

hahahahahhahahahahah

enjoy mr hubs...

red the mod said...

Gosh, darn it! When will I have my own? When will it be my turn? When will someone care enough and be comfortable enough to expel flatulence in my presence? (Of course, without me being slightly repulsed)

The life of a hermit doesn't suit my creative mind. But it is a reality I muster daily. Along with the indecent traffic, nicoffeine addiction and irate clients who know nil on design.

It is emotionally refreshing, yet in a way cues the resurgence of memories of a failed romantic interlude. A double-edged blade balancing between empathy and bitter envy.

My jadedness is getting the best of me. In a perfect world, I would declare my elation for you two. But alas, perfect world this is not.

[speaks under my breath]
Lucky bastards...

John Halcyon von Rothschild said...

Now that is true intimacy! I still sneakily wake up early and gargle then go back to bed pretending that I had just woken up.

MANDAYA MOORE: Ang bayot sa bukid said...

the reason i dont believe what i see in the movies-- kissing scenes with the morning breath

Coldman said...

erotic at first

then... Hahaha!

nice one. =)

jericho said...

did you knock him cold with that long exhale? very very sweet though ... of you ..;)

ming meows said...

may international gesture pala for stinky...thanks misterhubs for the info ;)

Clark Can't said...

Haha! I kinda expected the ending to what seemed to be a romantic morning-after honeymooning. I can olny imagine your hubs' face afterwards. Lol!

=)

MISTERHUBS said...

@ yajnat: :)

@ red the mod: I'll expel flatulence in your presence if that'll make you feel better. Hehe :)

@ John Halycon von Rothschild: I'd sneak-gargle too but I'm such a lazy riser in the morning.

@ Mandaya Moore: Yeah, me too.

@ Coldman: Thanks!

@ jericho: No. He's used to it by now. :)

@ ming meows: Welcome. :)

@ Clark Can't: He looked like he just smelled a dying animal. Hehe.

loudcloud said...

haahahhahaha! classic misterhubs. first he'd lead you on an intimate/erotic spin. then slam your expectations with a revolting twist. lolz.

here's a tip i learned from long ago:

if you wanna make out upon waking up the next day, before you sleep at night put a green apple by the bedside. when you wake up, bite on the apple and rub it on your tongue a bit. the acidic juice in the apple will kill all the stink-causing bacteria in your tongue, mouth and gums. and the sweetness will flavor the kiss even better! and best of all you don't have to get out of the bed and rush to the sink to gargle before kissing.

now you owe me bigtime for this!

lolz

MISTERHUBS said...

@ loudcloud: Thanks for the tip, McGyver! Now I'll just have ants in my bed to worry about. Hehe. :-)

Kiks Phulumulu said...

hahahaha. so you are banshee with a bb?

tee hee. he's got smitten alright!

MISTERHUBS said...

@ kiks phulumulu: Only in the morning, my dear. :)

lurker101 said...

i hate morning breaths, i really do - even mine. hehehe.

wanderingcommuter said...

hahaha...morning tagaytay honeymoon breath

i just wonder what it smells like?

hahaha...

Princhecha Fiona said...

this hits very close to home.hahahahaha. i love it!

chase / chubz said...

hahaha. akala ko ano. hehehe
your hubby is very sweet. hehe

ethan[ol] said...

hahaha! I love the frankness of this blog.
Been lurking in your blog for a while, and I do love the funny unexpected twists in your endings. wahehehe!

f i l l i b u s t e r o said...

delish to the last breath.

MISTERHUBS said...

@ ethan[ol]: Thanks! The compliment is much appreciated. :-)

Anonymous said...

atlast, pure unadulterated blog for intellectuals :)

Post a Comment